The Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center (DROMIC) is a division of the Disaster Response Assistance and Management Bureau (DREAMB). It is responsible for the gathering, curating, consolidation, presentation, and dissemination of information related to all phases of Disaster Response undertaken by the Department.
- To develop and deploy an information management system that generates reliable and accurate pre-disaster, during disaster, and post-disaster data;
- To generate and update Common and Fundamental Operational Datasets (CAFOD) for Disaster Response;
- To exercise technical supervision over and provide capacity building interventions to Field Office (FO) counterparts responsible for the regional information management system;
- To coordinate and collaborate with other officials and units of the Department, other National Government Agencies (NGAs) and Local Government Units (LGUs), and with external partners and stakeholders engaged in disaster operations / humanitarian response activities;
- To share DRRM-related information to all DRRM governance stakeholders;
- To analyze and prepare reports, infographics, and other briefing or presentation materials; and
- To utilize ICT and social media for greater efficiency and effectivity.